Webinar: Top of the world – but is this real?
Transparency International and the PSA are hosting a discussion of the proposed changes to New Zealand's whistleblowing laws.
New Zealand has an enviable reputation for public sector transparency, democracy and press freedom.
But how is it for people who speak up about wrongdoing? Parliament is currently considering enhancements to legislation to better protect whistleblowers. However,key organisations are concerned these do not go far enough, such as:
- should new whistleblower protections be extended to the private sector?
- should we have an independent oversight body?
The panel will be hosted by Andrea Fromm from PSA and includes:
- Debbie Gee, TINZ Director
- Erin Polaczuk, PSA National Secretary
- Andrew Ecclestone, New Zealand Council of Civil Liberties
- Michael Macaulay, VuW Professor of Public Administration, Victoria University of Wellington
- Phil Guerin, President, Institute of Management Consultants
Click the Registration Link on this page to sign up.
And read our submission on the bill and how it needs to be significantly expanded and improved.