Pandemic response – recommended reading
Some useful articles about civil liberties during a pandemic. Last updated 7 May 2020.
Brussels Privacy Hub: data-protection-law-and-the-covid-19-outbreak
Privacy Foundation NZ:
NZ Council for Civil Liberties – Civil liberties during a pandemic
- COVID Watch as developed by a Stanford Uni group.
- TraceTogether as used in Singapore.
- Australian Modified version of TraceTogether By V Teague, Thinking Cybersecurity Pty Ltd
Articles about Tracking
- Barraclough, Tom. Medium. 31/3/20 New Zealand needs to talk about using private data to combat covid-19. and 1/4/2020 follow-up.
- Coldicutt, Rachel. Medium. 23/3/20. Open Letter: Contact Tracking and NHSX
- Chen, Andrew. 1/4/20.The trade-offs for digital data and contact tracing
- McDonald, Sean. The New Humanitarian. 30/3/20 No We Don’t Need an App For This
- Wagner, Adam. New Statesman. 31/3/20 In a new age of emergency laws, human rights are more important than ever
- Soltani, Askan. The Brookings Institution. 27/4/20 Contact-tracing apps are not a solution to the COVID-19 crisis