Breaking the Code: Encryption and Law Enforcement
From the Office of the Privacy Commissioner website:
Join us for a lively discussion on encryption with a panel of informed speakers representing Internet NZ, NZ Council of Civil Liberties, the Inspector General of Intelligence & Security, Spark NZ and Victoria and Waikato universities.
We hope this discussion will contribute to an informed public debate and wider public discussion about this developing issue particularly in light of international debate about encryption and whether it is impeding law enforcement activities.
Confirmed panellists are:
• John Edwards (Privacy Commissioner)
• Cheryl Gwyn (Inspector General of Intelligence & Security)
• Dr Ryan Ko (Cyber Security Researchers of Waikato)
• Thomas Beagle (NZ Council for Civil Liberties)
• Ben Creet (Internet NZ)
• Ian Welch (Victoria University)
• John Wesley-Smith (Spark NZ)
• Declan Ingram (CERT NZ)