Tech Liberty has written an article about the ACTA treaty's implications for civil liberties in New Zealand.
It lists five areas for concern:
- Criminalisation of civil offences leading to judicial overkill.
- Statutory damages leading to the monetisation of the justice system.
- Secondary liability where the innocent are punished for the sins of the guilty.
- Revealing personal data to corporations is a breach of privacy.
- Technological protection measures take away the ability to use what you've paid for.
Read the full article.